2/18/07 vs. Enforcers (8-3-3)
History slightly favors us in this matchup, as our record against the Enforcers is a good one:
- In 8 previous games vs. the Enforcers, we are 5-3-0, scoring 28 goals for, while only allowing 18 goals against, including 1 shutout, which occured in the playoffs no less;
- We’ve also scored less than 3 goals only once in those 8 matchups (losing 2-3), which should help our confidence as well;
- 2 of the losses have been by 1 goal and the other loss was by 2, so we know we can play with them;
- In our 5 wins, we have outscored them 20-6, with our average margin of victory at almost 3 goals per game;
- Also favoring us, we are 10-2-2 in games played at 7:15
Conclusion: when we win, we win big, when we lose, it’s a tight game.
Unfortunately, we’ll be missing one of our leaders, Ed, as he continues to nurse some lingering injuries. In addition, Fargo is not playoff eligible, so our offense will be up against the wall, relying on Lenny, Paul and Tom N. to pop a couple goals home, while Josh and the defense will need to be stingy in their own end as well.
Keys to the game: we need a large amount of shots on net; have to stay out of the penalty box; and limit the amount of odd man chances they have.
This game should be another classic matchup – tight checking, close scoring, solid goaltending and in the end, only a mistake or two may be the difference.